Date: 6 Mar 1923
A man died from carbolic poisoning.
He had gone to Dale Street Police Station and said that some American sailors had given him something in a pub which had made his head go around.
He was taken to the station and then to a hospital where he later died.
When he first went to the police station he was he was first taken to the main Bridewell but when a whiff of carbolic acid was noticed he was taken to the hospital but died within 30 minutes.
A professor said that carbolic acid was never administered for criminal purposes and that symptoms of carbolic acid poisoning might be taken for drunkenness.
An open verdict was returned.
see Gloucestershire Echo - Tuesday 06 March 1923
see Portsmouth Evening News - Tuesday 06 March 1923
see Dundee Evening Telegraph - Monday 05 March 1923