Date: 8 Nov 1931
Place: Queens Road, Wimbledon
Emily Maud Churcher died after eating a pig’s trotter.
There was the suggestion that she had died from ptomaine poisoning.
She had earlier in the day purchased a leg of pork and later in the evening had cooked and eaten the trotter. She was then taken ill on the Saturday, became worse and died on the Sunday.
The jury returned an open verdict saying that there was insufficient evidence to show the cause of death.
see The Scotsman - Thursday 24 December 1931
see Western Daily Press - Thursday 24 December 1931
see Western Daily Press - Saturday 14 November 1931