Date: 15 Jul 1908
Place: Black Cock Inn, Tipton
David Pearson died after being poisoned.
Three people were charged with administering a drug in his beer at the Black Cock Inn but were acquitted.
They had administered a large amount of Jalap that they had got at the chemists and he had become excessively purged and became weak and died a few weeks later.
However, it could not be proved that the drug had caused his death.
see Birmingham Daily Gazette - Wednesday 15 July 1908
see Lichfield Mercury - Friday 17 July 1908