Date: 1 Nov 1906
Place: 29 Chapel Street, Northwich
Martha Ellen Hough died from ptomaine poisoning.
It was heard that she had baked an English rabbit in a pie and had eaten some of it on two days with an interval between but was then taken ill.
It was heard that her husband and baby had also eaten the pie but had suffered no ill effects.
The dealer that they had got the rabbit from declared that the rabbit had been fresh and said that no other purchasers had complained.
Her post-mortem stated that death was from ptomaine poisoning and the doctor noted that the rabbit might have been perfectly fresh, noting that ptomaine was an insidious poison.