Date: 12 Oct 1933
James Raynor died from the effects of poison.
He was the landlord of the White Horse Hotel in Morledge.
He was found in the hotel in a distressed condition on 11 October 1933 and removed to the infirmary. When he arrived, he was in an unconscious condition and died shortly afterwards.
At his inquest an open verdict was returned.
He had been the landlord at the White Horse Hotel for about eighteen months and had previously been the licencee of the Queen's Head on Crompton Street in Derby for several years.
see Derby Daily Telegraph - Thursday 19 October 1933
see Derby Daily Telegraph - Saturday 14 October 1933
see Nottingham Journal - Thursday 12 October 1933