Date: 30 Sep 1912
Place: Marshalls Place, Bermondsey
William Moore died from burns to his legs.
His legs were found to be severely burnt below the knee and his death was given as being due to shock following burns.
His relatives denied all knowledge as to how he could have received his injuries.
His married daughter said that she had looked after him all day and said that he had told her nothing about any burns and added that no charred or scorched clothing had been found about the house.
William Moore had previously worked as a public-house cellar man.
see Daily Herald - Monday 30 September 1912, p6