Date: 16 Aug 1934
Henry Louis Jackson died in his office after drinking a concentrated disinfectant.
He was an attendant at Brentwood (Essex) Mental Hospital and was found dead in his chair by another attendant when he visited the ward where Henry Jackson was on duty.
A bottle that was thought to have contained disinfectant was also found.
His inquest stated that death was due to shock following the swallowing of concentrated disinfectant which the doctor said that he thought was self-administered.
An open verdict was returned.
see Daily Herald - Thursday 16 August 1934
see Western Daily Press - Monday 16 July 1934
see Western Morning News - Thursday 16 August 1934
see Northern Whig - Thursday 16 August 1934