Date: 13 Dec 1908
Place: Old Pilot Inn, Gloucester
Ida Pamela Rowe died from laudanum poisoning.
At her inquest a verdict was returned stating that she had put laudanum in her whisky by error.
However, in July 1913, her daughter claimed that she had poisoned her mother, and she was tried for her murder, but was later acquitted at the Gloucester Assizes on 1 November 1913. The court heard that most of her confession was wholly untrue and it was heard that the jury could not safely convict her on the basis that one statement was true, but the others were false.
see Gloucester Journal - Saturday 01 November 1913
see Derby Daily Telegraph - Saturday 01 November 1913
see Gloucester Journal - Saturday 12 July 1913