Date: 16 Jan 1945
Place: 2 East Shaw Street, Greenock
James Docherty, Robert Marshall and John Stinson McLean died from suspected poisoning.
It was thought that they had been drinking in a house at 2 East Shaw Street in Greenock.
An 11-year-old boy found James Docherty and Robert Marshall on beds and John McLean on the floor late on Tuesday 18 January 1945.
When the police surgeon arrived, he found that James Docherty was dead. Robert Marshall and John McLean were then taken to hospital but died.
The police took possession of two bottles and drinking mugs and said that they were trying to establish the source and nature of the liquid that the men had been drinking.
see Dundee Courier - Thursday 18 January 1945
see Aberdeen Press and Journal - Thursday 18 January 1945