Date: 29 Sep 1945
Thomas William Jones died from cyanide poisoning.
He was a Canadian soldier and had been employed at St. Margaret’s Hospital in Swindon as a laboratory technician. He had a wife and two children.
He was found dead in his bed and on his bedside locker the police found a beer bottle which, when examined, was found to contain cyanide.
The coroner told the jury that they had to decide whether Thomas Jones had put the cyanide in his beer or whether it was put there by someone else.
The jury retired for 15 minutes and then returned an open verdict.
see Western Daily Press - Saturday 29 September 1945