Date: 19 Jan 1946
Amy Owen died from poison obtained from the seeds of Fool's Parsley.
After she became ill she was taken to the Leeds Infirmary where she died on Saturday 19 January 1946.
A doctor later said that she had symptoms of belladonna poisoning. At her inquest, the coroner said that seeds had been found at her house in a cup and that the poison could have been extracted from them.
It was said that Fool's parsley was one of the hemlock family which was considered to be poisonous to animals, but not as deadly as hemlock.
An open verdict was recorded after it was heard that there was no evidence to show whether the poison had been taken by accident or design.
see Gloucester Citizen - Saturday 26 January 1946
see Yorkshire Evening Post - Friday 25 January 1946
see Yorkshire Evening Post - Tuesday 22 January 1946