Unsolved Murders

Kwasi Anim-Boadu

Age: 20

Sex: male

Date: 12 Apr 2019

Place: Roth Walk, Andover Estate, Seven Sisters, London

Kwasi Anim-Boadu was stabbed outside a house-party in Roth Walk on the Andover estate at about 3am on 21 April 2018.

The police said that they thought that he had been stabbed with a knife that he had brought to the scene but noted that the murder weapon was never found.

He died at the scene from blood loss and respiratory failure after having been stabbed multiple times.

Another man, a 21-year-old, was also stabbed and he was taken to hospital where he was treated for non-life threatening injuries after which he was arrested.

His inquest, which was held in July 2020, returned a verdict of unlawful killing.

The police said that witnesses to the incident would not help them. They said, 'Witnesses that can give us the exact set of circumstances that caused him to be stabbed won’t come forward'.

The police said that they suspected one man as having been the man that stabbed Kwasi Anim-Boadu, but said at the inquest, 'We are no further along in our investigation because we can’t prove beyond reasonable doubt that the man is responsible for Kwasi’s murder'. The police noted that the moment of the murder was itself not caught on CCTV although other parts of the events in Roth Walk were.

The man that the police were referring to was actually in prison at the time in relation to another case and had refused to leave his cell to give evidence at the inquest.

He had handed himself into the police a few days after the murder and when he was questioned he gave a 'no comment' interview.

It as heard that Kwasi Anim-Boadu had been to a party in Roth Walk but that at some point council officers had gone to the property to ask for the music to be turned down. After that the party wound down and people started to leave during which time Kwasi Anim-Boadu was stabbed.

The party had been held by two women but they said that by the time they came outside Kwasi Anim-Boadu had already been stabbed and they didn't see it.

However, the police said that there had been other people there, including friends of Kwasi Anim-Boadu but that none of them would provide them with statements as to what happened.

The man that had been injured gave evidence at the inquest and said, 'I tried to break up a fight between two people and he [Kwasi] wasn’t one of them. I was stabbed in the leg and forearm'. However, he said that he didn't see Kwasi Anim-Boadu stabbed and added that he didn't want to answer questions about whether he knew the people who were involved, adding, 'I’ve given every bit of evidence I could to the police'.

He noted that he had not personally known Kwasi Anim-Boadu and had been told his name later by the police.

The police said that it was their theory that Kwasi Anim-Boadu had been stabbed with a knife that he had brought to the party as he had been seen in CCTV footage with what was thought was a knife and that the knife was never found. However, a detective said, 'I can’t definitively say that. That weapon has never been recovered'.

 A toxicology  report showed that he wasn't drunk or under the influence of drugs at the time.

The inquest heard that Kwasi Anim-Boadu had been known amongst his friends as Lavish and Junior.

It was noted that he was murdered near to the home of the then leader of the Labour Party, Jeremy Corbyn.

*map pointers are rough estimates based on known location details as per Place field above.