Date: 19 Jun 1915
Edward Adam Palin was found dead at an ammonia works.
His windpipe had been torn, a rib fractured, his fingers cut and his chest bruised.
It was heard that Edward Palin had been a beltman in the machinery department of the Ammonia Soda Chemical Works and that he went up to the foreman and touched him without saying a word and then fell down with blood streaming from his mouth and died.
Nobody saw anything happen and the Coroner stated that, 'The man's death must ever remain a mystery'.
Edward Palin had lived in Church Row in Barnton.
see Daily Gazette for Middlesbrough - Tuesday 22 June 1915
see Manchester Evening News - Saturday 19 June 1915