Date: 24 Oct 1951
Robert John Williams died from corrosive poisoning.
It was said that his death occurred a fortnight after he had been out gathering mushrooms. His family said that he had come home from gathering mushrooms feeling ill and had told them that after eating some he had felt thirsty and had drunk some water that he had found in a bottle outside a caravan. However, it was later heard at his inquest that the water was not contaminated.
His inquest heard that there was no evidence to show how Robert Williams had obtained the poison and the coroner returned a verdict of accidental death.
He had lived in Lower Brook Street, Connahs Quay.
see Western Mail - Wednesday 24 October 1951