Date: 8 Apr 1942
Place: Kelvingrove Park, Glasgow
Man A, Man B, Man C, Man D and Man E died after drinking from a bottle in Kelvingrove Park, Glasgow.
It was reported that alcoholic poisoning was suspected.
They had all met in Kelvingrove Park in Glasgow on the Sunday 5 April 1942 and each taken a drink from a bottle. However, they all died within three days of doing so.
They were taken ill with violent stomach pains on the Tuesday. Three of the men died in Glasgow Hospital, whilst the other two died at home the same evening.
All of the men were about 40-years-old.
The police said that they were trying to find out where the men had got the drink from.
see Daily Mirror - Friday 10 April 1942
see Dundee Evening Telegraph - Thursday 09 April 1942
see Dundee Courier - Friday 10 April 1942