Date: 14 Sep 2017
A 58-year-old man died from gas poisoning in his flat. His death was later described as suspicious.
The police were called out to the flat in Wood Street, Middleton at 2.45pm on Thursday 14 September 2017.
A post mortem and toxicology reports were carried out and in November 2017 the police said that they thought that his death was suspicious.
He had lived in a flat above the 'Shop Locally' Mini Market & Off Licence at 142 Wood Street.
The police said that an, 'innocent man tragically died, in his own home, the place where you should feel safe' and appealed for anyone that had been in the shop below the man's flat earlier between 5pm on 13 September and about 2.45pm the following day, Thursday 14 September 2017.
The shop was noted as having been a former Who’d A Thowt It pub.